The word shirodhara comes from the Sanskrit words shiro (head) and dhara (flow). Although it is one of the most important ayurvedic procedures since the time ayurveda is there with us, it gained considerable attention among scientific community in recent past only. Despite healing so many, there are people who don’t know what exactly shirodhara is. But, the need of the day is creating curiosity in people about this amazing process. So, today we will see the entire picture of shirodhara. We will see what this ayurvedic procedure is all about, how it is carried out and what its consequences are. After a brief discussion on all this, we will see why it is so important in today’s life. Well, this would be enough in case you just want to know about it. But, if you really want to use it, there is a lot more information you need. Once you know shirodhara better, we will guide you one how to proceed further. In the end, we will tell you the best place to get shirodhara done from. So, let us quickly see what shirodhara is, importance of shirodhara and the benefits of shirodhara for which you are here.
Shirodhara is a form of Ayurvedic therapy or procedure that involves gently pouring certain liquids over the forehead. It is also one of the steps involved in Panchakarma. The liquid used in this procedure depends on what problem is being treated. For some diseases it might be plain water while for others it can be coconut water or milk or buttermilk. In many cases, medicated ayurvedic oil is also used for shirodhara. Generally because of benefits of shirodhara, it is prescribed in conditions like insomnia, headache, migraine, anxiety and stress. Several clinical researches have shown that importance of shirodhara lies in its anti-anxiety, antihypertensive and sleep inducing effects. So, you too can trust it because not only ayurveda, but modern research too proves it effective in various neurological conditions.
The burden of neurological diseases is increasing every day. Not only adults, but even small children fight with depression and anxiety these days. Unfortunately, allopathic medical science still has no definitive and effective treatment for this class of problems. The allopathic drugs usually prescribed in these cases just slow down the working of brain or simply put the patient to sleep. Just for doing this, the expensive drugs also induce undesirable side effects. It is not beneficial to go for allopathy in treating neurological problems, instead, it is extremely harmful. And the worst part is that all such medicines create an addiction. Hence, there is no single reason for going with allopathy. On the other hand, ayurveda will give you a dozen of reasons to go for shirodhara. Here are the reasons with which you can understand the importance of shirodhara in today’s time.
Benefits of shirodhara
- Shirodhara cures sleep problems: With a lot of physical work involved and least stress, sleeplessness was not a problem in the past. But, today even children have this issue. If you don’t feel sleepy sometimes, it can be ignored. But, proper sleep is must for your body to work properly and stay healthy. If you have any sleep related problem, you must try shirodhara. In “Ayurvedic Therapy (Shirodhara) for Insomnia: A Case Series” the researchers conclude that Shirodhara when done with brahmi oil may be beneficial for treating moderate to severe insomnia.
- Reverse memory loss with benefits of shirodhara: Anyone suffering from memory loss due to any reason should try shirodhara. The liquid pouring on forehead relaxes your brain and oil absorbed reaches deep down the cells. It acts as a rejuvenator and improves the working of memory cells. Thus, it is important to undergo shirodhara because of the benefits of shirodhara for memory.
- Shirodhara improves concentration: What children and even adults of today lack is memory and concentration. And the importance of shirodhara lies in restoring both. With a directed concentration and strong memory, one can achieve anything he or she wants. and the key to both lies in shirodhara.
- Ayurvedic doctors recommend it in headaches: If you are suffering from migraine or some other type of headache of severe intensity, shirodhara is for you. The way liquid pouring from the top falls on your forehead takes away all the pain within minutes. So, next time you think of taking harmful medicines to cure headache, try out shirodhara.
- Say good bye to stress, depression and anxiety: Various studies indicating the benefits of shirodhara in stress, depression and anxiety. One such study was effects of shirodhara in generalized anxiety disorder stating the huge impact of the procedure in controlling anxiety. Numerous other such proofs and examples are available and this leaves no scope of doubt. This raises the importance of shirodhara by manifolds. All these problems have not yet been resolved by any other medicinal science. Thankfully, ayurveda has easy and simple solutions like shirodhara.
- Hypertension and shirodhara: As stated earlier too, shirodhara probably is the answer to all mind related problems, one can also get relief in hypertension. With just a few sittings, you will feel great sense of relief in the problem.
- A natural solution for facial paralysis in benefits of shirodhara: Paralysis is a complicated problem that also has not effective solution in allopathy. No one can actually tell about the progress of the disease as well as when the patient would recover. More than medicines, it is observed that in facial paralysis, procedures like shirodhara along with a few ayurvedic medicines offer best solution.
- Shirodhara treats ADHD: ADHD stands for Attention deficit hyperactive disorder. This too has no permanent and safe solution in allopathy or in any other healing science. Here too, shirodhara can help. According to a reputed journal, “Shirodhara is a non invasive procedure which has shown satisfactory results in reducing the core symptoms of ADHD”. So, if you know someone struggling with ADHD, seek help from the benefits of shirodhara.
- Shirodhara also enhances cognitive development: Many ayurvedic doctors recommend shirodhara to patients dealing with mental debility and concentration issues. It also resolves challenges faced in cognitive development due to any reason.
- Shirodhara helps in menopause too: You must be wondering how the importance of shirodhara is also applicable in controlling the odds during menopause. Menopause along with other difficulties brings in some psychological issues too. The psychological symptoms of menopause including irritability, lack of concentration, mood swings, depressive moods can be very well taken care of with shirodhara.
As you can also see, there are numerous benefits of shirodhara for which any human being today needs this. As it is the situation and environment, it is impossible to avoid stress. And stressful mind is an open invitation to a dozen of physical as well as mental problems. The only way to avoid all these is to choose a holistic approach like shirodhara.
After understanding the importance of shirodhara, if you too feel like taking the next step towards a healthy life, some crucial information is coming your way. Shirodhara is beneficial and there is no doubt about it. Not only ayurveda, but recent researchers are also recommending the use of this simple procedure to get rid of complicated mind related problems. But, shirodhara gives best results when done with the most appropriate liquid and under the supervision of an ayurvedic doctor. not anyone and everyone can perform the process correctly. Secondly, the quality of oil/ liquid used in ayurveda also determines the end results to certain extent. Overall, we can only say that if you are willing to undergo shirodhara to get rid of all the stress and mental tensions, make sure you get it done only from a place you can trust.
It should be under the guidance of an ayurvedic expert only. If you have any doubt in mind about the oils used or the benefits of shirodhara, just dial the number 9990005395/ 9990004674. Here, the ayurvedic doctors at paramanand ayurveda will guide you further. This is an ayurvedic company that manufactures best quality ayurvedic medicines. it also has expertise in the ayurvedic therapies and procedures like panchkarma and shirodhara. This is why it would be best if you further consult the doctors. And why think so much when you can get free online consultation over a phone call. Go ahead and give ayurveda just one chance to heal your body naturally.