Panchakarma is a Sanskrit word that means “five actions” or “five treatments” in ayurveda. Panchkarma is the most talked about topic in ayurveda these days. As more and more people are taking interest in their health, panchkarma is gaining popularity. Panchkarma is a form of ayurvedic treatment, or to be more specific, a process used to clean the body of toxic elements present in human body. The toxic elements accumulate in human body over time because of the impact left by disease, poor nutrition or environment. In most of the cases, it is the combination of these and several other factors that contribute to make human body toxic. Some know it as ayurvedic treatment while others have learned that people use panchkarma for detoxification. However, because not many have direct experience of the process and hence nobody is clear about all the panchkarma benefits. Because it s the time to talk about it, we will today discuss everything about panchkarma benefits. Of course, you can undergo panchkarma for detoxification, but there are several other reasons that make the entire process the best thing your body can have. So, it is important to have a clear picture of the process, its possible outcomes and some of its benefits too.
To start with, we all know by now that panchkarma is a five-step process that leads to total mind-body rejuvenation experience. In brief, all these five steps comprises of herbal oil massages, steam baths, cleansing enemas, a healing ayurvedic diet and other purifying practices. Yes, this is panchkarma, but hold on before concluding anything because there is much more left to know. And more than just knowledge, it is an experience. Panchkarma for detoxification is one of the most effective healing modalities in Ayurvedic Medicine and the ancient science has no doubt about it. However, it isn’t like a normal spa holiday or a relaxing poolside massages and green juices. It gives your body much more than just a normal massage, but for that, you have to follow the process religiously. No matter how difficult it is, the end results are motivating enough to just go through it. In a short while you will get to know what end results I am talking about. Since the beginning you have been reading the praises of panchkarma for detoxification. Openly speaking, all these are claims made in ancient texts.
And because the world today believes in research and scientific findings with the help of modern technologies, let us first see some research publications talking about panchkarma for detoxification.
“Ayurveda and Panchakarma: Measuring the Effects of a Holistic Health Intervention” published in scientific world journal a decade ago parameterized the effect of the ayurvedic process on the overall health of the patients as well as how well their bodies responded to treatments after panchkarma. Significant improvements were found in self-efficacy towards using Ayurveda to improve health and positive health behaviors were reported by the group of people. this is not the only study indicating that panchkarma for detoxification and rejuvenation is the best ayurvedic process. There are several other studies assessing the overall impact of the process. Small aspects of panchkarma for detoxification are also studied in depth to give the health seekers best outcomes. “Effect of Vasantic Vaman and other Panchakarma procedures on disorders of various systems” published in AYU- An international quarterly journal of research in ayurveda is one such study. The authors here tried to find out the best time to undergo panchkarma and its effect on various diseases.
The results were marvelous, as on an average, 58% relief was achieved in a group of 30 patients. The research here concluded that Vasantic vaman and Panchakarma were very effective in the disorders of the skin, G.I. tract, Respiratory, and Vata vikara. This study also validates the ancient theory given by acharya chakrapni. The acharya stated that not only Vaman, but all the five biopurification methods of the Panchakarma should be practiced in Vasant ritu. The authors also conclude that out of the two best seasons in a year for purification, Vasant is better one. But what those five biopurification methods are? Do you have any idea of which five processes we have been talking all this while? Yes, panchkarma benefits are crucial, but you should be aware of all the five activities that make panchkarma, right? Here are the five life changing events that together make panchkarma.
- Basti, one of the most crucial steps in panchkarma for detoxification is herbalized oil enemas. Here, your gut is detoxified with enema and since enema is given with the help of some herbal oils, it is extremely healthy for your stomach.
- Nasya or Nasal irrigation is important for anyone struggling with respiratory problems. However, it is a part of panchkarma and also a part of the detoxification process and everyone can gain benefits from this process.
- Vamana, Therapeutic Vomiting is one of the most difficult parts of panchkarma, but, also the most beneficial one. Here, you have to vomit forcefully by drinking medicated water till you take out certain volume.
- Virechana or Purgation is the fourth step in panchkarma for detoxification.
- Raktamokshana or Blood Letting is particularly useful for those who have a skin problem. This is the last step of panchkarma for detoxification where toxic blood is taken out from the body.
This was a brief overview of the process and there are many more details such as which herbal oil is used, which process should be given how much time etc. Let us first see all the panchkarma benefits for which you should choose this entirely unique but ages old process. After this we will talk about how to go for it and some precautions.
Why panchkarma is the best way to purify mind and body
- It is a proven fact that panchkarma for detoxification is beneficial. There are studies proving that those undergoing panchkarma have been observed to have a body free from any toxics.
- Another panchkarma benefits that only those having knowledge of ayurveda might understand is balancing doshas. There are three types of doshas according to ayurveda and a human body can have one or all three imbalances. These imbalances lead to diseases and deteriorating health. With panchkarma, you will have all the vata, pitta and kapha levels back in balance.
- Because you clear your gut and there is nothing left inside, your digestion begins from scratch. All the panchkarma patients end up having a stronger digestive system.
- Enhanced immunity is also on the list of panchkarma benefits. You will fall ill less frequently and this is great in today’s environment. You end up spending a lot of money on doctors and medicines, but with panchkarma for detoxification, you can save your health as well as money.
- Research has proved again and again that panchkarma for detoxification has an immensely positive impact on human brain. All the patients have shown signs of happiness and decreased stress.
- You will get a glowing skin with anti-aging effect and improved skin luster. So, apart from digestion, immunity and mind, panchkarma for detoxification is great for skin too.
- If you are overweight, there is no better, quicker and healthier way to lose weight. Yes, you can shed those extra pounds in a couple of weeks to become slimmer and healthier with panchkarma.
Deep relaxation and enhanced mindfulness are some other panchkarma benefits. Apart from these general benefits, there are some disease specific benefits that are bought into picture by varying the entire process. This is decided by an ayurvedic doctor by studying your body in detail. Ayurveda has the best therapies for many diseases, but Panchakarma is more than just treating a particular disease. It is to make the body free from these disease-causing factors. Even in case of a disease, excellent results can be achieved as after Panchakarma, the patient can be treated well with less consumption of medicines. Panchakarma is not only for detoxifying the body, but also for rejuvenation — strengthening the immune system, and restoring balance and well-being.
This is why panchkarma for detoxification is the best way to live a healthy, happy and stress free life. You just eliminate the toxin and allow your body to absorb some of the best medicated herbal oils. Here, it might sound simple, but the panchkarma benefits listed above are enough to give an idea of its significance. Just see if you all this, and many other panchkarma benefits, get in touch with paramanand ayurveda or any other ayurvedic company. Keep one thing in mind, panchkarma requires continuous supervision from ayurvedic medical experts. Hence choose a company like paramanand ayurveda that takes care of every minor aspect.