Coronavirus is globally becoming prevalent with the passing time that caused world leaders to shut down not only their respective countries but the economy too. It has created health challenges for billions of people. Scientists are arduously trying to find a Vaccine that cures it. Until there is a cure, the only option left for people is complying with lockdown and stay safe at home.
After deeply studying the Coronavirus, Scientists came to know that people who have strong immunity better resist the virus. That kind of person generally receives minor cold or flu. But, the problems occur with people who have low immunity.
By keeping in mind above-said facts, the ministry of Ayush has released a preventive advisory to their people for improving the immunity. We are incorporating a list of Ayurvedic and Natural ways that Ministry Of Ayush, The Government Of India has recommended improving immunity.
1. Chyavanprash – The ministry Of Ayush strongly recommends a daily intake of 10 Gm of Chyavanprash in the morning. There is an ample reason for the Ministry of Ayush to recommend it for the people of India. Chyavanprash consists of around 50 Vital herbs, processed minerals, and herbal extracts that promote immunity and respiratory function. Coronavirus affects the respiratory system but, it will not be able to cause respiratory infection if your immunity is invincible. In a study, Chyavanprash exhibited elements that are helpful in gaining longevity. It is also found to have elements that help clear respiratory passages. It found beneficial in reducing inflammation of the lungs. Diabetic patients need to intake sugar-free Chyavanprash.
2. Warm Water – Your body desperately requires adequate hydration to function properly and remove toxins out of the body. However, the amount of water intake varies from one person to another. Normally health experts recommend 2 liters of water intake daily. Taking a normal temperature of the water can be replaced with Warm or Hot Water to get extra benefits from water. The ministry of Ayush also recommended people drink hot water as it has more potency than normal temperature water. It has a significant influence on the circulatory system. Warm water can help improve blood circulation by expanding arteries and veins. It decreases the level of stress and focuses on improving the immune system.
3. Herbal Tea – The recommendation came from the Ministry Of Ayush to take herbal decoction that consists of Dalchini (Cinnamon), Tulsi (Holy Basil), Munakka (Raisin), Sunthi (Dry Ginger), and Kalimirch (Black Pepper). All ingredients are for the betterment of your respiratory and immune function. Let us look one by one at the features of all the above-said herbs.
- Dalchini (Cinnamon) – Dalchini is an important spice prominently used in many parts of India. Not only it improves the taste of foods but is having high medicinal values. It is an enriched source of healthy antioxidant polyphenols that protects healthy cells and lowers the effects of free radicals. A study confirms that Cinnamon contains more antioxidants than Garlic or Oregano. It is an excellent source to enhance immune function as well.
- Tulsi (Holy Basil) – Tulsi is an effective source of potent immune-boosting constituents with antiviral properties. In India, It is worshipped because of its connection to almighty Vishnu and Krishna. Studies indicate that it can help to treat various viral infections. It is found to be effective in improving the lungs function. It is widely used to resolve Cough, Flu, and the common cold. You can either chew Tulsi or make a decoction with other ingredients like Black Pepper, Cinnamon, and Turmeric.
- Munaka (Raising) – Not only preliminary but recent studies found Raising as an effective immuno-modulator. So ingestion of Raisin with other mentioned ingredients can help you fight with Coronavirus.
- Shaunti (Dry Ginger) – Dry Ginger contains a broad spectrum of medicinal agents especially antiviral, anti-microbial, anti-inflammatory, and immune-stimulating actions. Ginger contains “Gingerol” which is an active bioactive constituent that helps prevent the infection. It has an abundance of antioxidants that help boost immunity. It is a superfood that must be in your kitchen.
- Black Pepper – It is one of the commonly used spices globally but it is more than a spice. It has been widely used in Ayurveda to treat numerous health problems. It is highly concentrated with Antioxidants, Anti-Inflammatory agents, and antiviral agents. These properties make it a King of all spices. You must have to have this spice ready in your kitchen.
4. Golden Milk – Ministry Of Ayush also recommends the use of Golden Milk during the COVID-19 period. It is a drink that is made by boiling Turmeric, Cinnamon, Ginger, and some other spices with non-dairy milk (coconut milk, Almond Milk, or Rice Milk). Turmeric contains anti-inflammatory actions that prevent inflammation. Curcumin has strong antioxidant properties that prevent the damage of cells. It also a good source for boosting the immune system. curcumin contains antibacterial, antiviral, and antifungal properties that can help a person better fight infections. Curcumin possesses, antiviral, antibacterial, and antifungal properties that help people fight better with any infection even if it is Coronavirus.
5. Clove – People use clove to relieve the pain of teeth but the ministry of Ayush has allowed people to know that it can be also used in many other conditions including boosting immunity. Like other ingredients mentioned above, clove also possesses powerful antioxidants, and anti-microbial that help protect from the infection.
6. Nasal Application – They also recommend to put either sesame oil or coconut oil in both nostril morning and evening every day. Sesame oil is rich in anti-inflammatory and antioxidants properties that help people fight with infections. Doing this will help you with nasal congestion. Using oil in the nose lubricates the nasal cavity and sinuses that create a barrier against environmental pollutants.
7. Yogasan, Pranayam, and Meditation – Given three physical activities have divine benefits on the Human Body. They are the base of optimum health. Practicing any one of them every day can help you boost the immune system at the maximum level. It also improves the function of the respiratory and circulatory system as well. It reduces the stress, anxiety and signs of depression.
8. Haldi, Jeera, Dhaniya, and Garlic – The ministry of Ayush advises to incorporate Haldi, Jeera, Dhaniya, and Garlic in cooking. All spices are good at your immune system. They work well if you use in cooking, they will also increase the taste of your food.
9. The Use Of Pudina and Ajwain For Steam – If you want you can take steam of either Pudina or Ajwain to better protect yourself from this infection. It will help strengthen the respiratory system and improve the capacity of taking oxygen in the lungs.